At Sage & Co we offer one of the most comprehensive and tailored services, underpinned by almost 30 years of experience in the industry. If you let your property through us, we will ensure that, as the landlord, you are protected from any issues raised by the various Housing, Landlord and Tenant Acts, as well as the many Safety Regulations. We offer a Full Management Service, Rent Collection and Advertisement only service (Let Only), please feel free to contact us to discuss the various services available to you.
tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years. All installation, maintenance and safety checks need to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer. If a tenant has their own gas appliance that you have not provided, then you are responsible for the maintenance of the gas pipework but not for the actual appliance. You should also make sure your tenants know where to turn off the gas and what to do in the event of a gas emergency.
Landlord Top Tips
- Presentation – Modern Contemporary design and well presented gardens will make the world of difference. Avoid patterns and bright colours. Exterior presentation is also very important, often all ‘first impressions count’.
- Appliances – Properties with fitted appliances (certified) such as, hobs, dishwashers and washer dryers are extremely desirable.
- Managed or Unmanaged – Which is right for you? we offer a fully managed service to relieve the landlord free from the day to day management of their investment. Many first time landlords also find this helpful, whilst they get to grips with how the process works.
- Rental Value – Be pragmatic when considering your monthly amount trying to push for an extra £25.00 per calendar month may be the difference between letting your property immediately or going a month or two with no rent at all.
- Insurance and regulations – Make sure your insurances, gas safety cert + EPC etc are all in place prior to your tenant moving in, leave a list of useful contacts numbers for your tenants, eg plumbers and maintenance services. Don’t forget to allow your tenants some space, it’s home for them now!